These Funfetti Pancakes are like eating dessert for breakfast. They don’t taste far off from a donut, especially when drizzled with powdered sugar glaze. I wanted to eat the whole stack (but I didn’t).
These whip up quickly, only requiring a couple of extra ingredients compared to plain pancakes. I cooked mine on a griddle heated to 300 degrees. You can also cook them in a large skillet or griddle pan on the stove top.
I love the color added by the rainbow sprinkles.
Fluffy and sweet, these pancakes are yummy!
Cake flavored pancakes with rainbow sprinkles and powdered sugar glaze
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cake mix
- 2 ts white sugar
- 1/2 ts baking powder
- 1/2 ts baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tb vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup rainbow springkles
- 3 Tb milk
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, cake mix, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, beat the egg with the buttermilk, milk, and oil. Blend the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients using a wire whisk. Whisk until smooth. Gently fold in the sprinkles.
2. Heat a griddle to 300 degrees or heat a small amount of butter in a large skillet over high heat on the stove. Once the butter is sizzling or the griddle has heated, pour circles of pancake batter to the desired size. Cook for about 2 minutes, then flip. Cook other side for 1-2 minutes.
3. To make powdered sugar glaze, heat milk in a small bowl (I did this in the microwave for 40 seconds). Do not heat milk to boiling. Stir in powdered sugar until smooth. Serve glaze over pancakes.
This 5-Minute Blender Salsa is fast, easy, and fresh. All you need is fresh ingredients, a little salt, and a blender.
The salsa can be served with tortilla chips or used as a topping on tacos, burritos, or whatever else you like.
This salsa is rather Hot. If you’d like a less spicy version, remove the jalapeno seeds or use half of a jalapeno.
It tastes even better on the second day, once all the flavors have melded together.
5-Minute Blender Salsa
Fresh, spicy tomato salsa made in the blender.
- 1 large ripe tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup vidalia or sweet onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 ts salt
1. Place all of the ingredients except salt into a blender. Blend on high until all vegetables are pureed to desired consistency (20-30 seconds). Pour the salsa into a bowl and stir in salt. Letting the salsa sit will allow the flavors to blend.
The air fryer is great because you can produce food that tender on the inside and crispy on the outside without the fat and calories of deep-frying. One of my favorite things to make in the air fryer is cheese sticks or cheese bites. These Cheeseball Mozzarella Bites are coated in crushed cheeseballs and the perfect size for popping in your mouth.
To make things extra easy, I used cut up pieces of string cheese for the mozzarella. The cheeseballs need to be crushed into fine pieces so that they stick to the flour and egg coated pieces of cheese.
When placing food into the air fryer, I give it a quick spritz with cooking spray to make sure the outside coating crisps up well.
One thing I learned from using the air fryer is that you need to remove the food immediately, especially anything with cheese, otherwise it keeps cooking. The Cheeseball Mozzarella Bites need to be whipped out right away after 3 minutes otherwise you’ll find gooey cheese all over the bottom of your air fryer and empty pieces of crispy coating.
But follow this recipe and remove the bites quickly and you’ve got wonderful pieces of soft cheese with a cheeseball crust.
Air Fryer Cheeseball Mozzarella Bites
Soft bites of mozzarella coated in crushed cheeseballs and cooked in the air fryer.
Calories per 4 bite serving = 160
- 3 pieces of string cheese
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 ts water
- ¾ cup crushed cheeseballs or cheese puffs (can be done in food processor or in a bag with a rolling pin)
- ¼ ts salt
- Cooking spray
- Mix salt with crushed cheeseballs or cheese puffs. Cut each piece of string cheese into 5 pieces. Roll each piece of string cheese in flour, then dip in egg, then roll in cheeseball crumbs. Repeat will all mozzarella pieces.
- Refrigerate coated cheese bites for 30-60 minutes.
- Place cheese bites in air fryer basket and spray with cooking spray. Set air fryer to “fries” setting or 400 degrees. Set time for 3 minutes. Remove cheese bites immediately after time has ended, otherwise the cheese will start leaking out. Eat quickly while warm and soft, before the cheese becomes firm.
Baked Mac & Cheese is a favorite side here in the south. Gooey and cheesy in the middle with a golden crunchy baked top – who wouldn’t like it? I bake the leftovers in a muffin tin with a little extra cheese on top to put in my daughter’s school lunches.
My recipe is adapted from the Mac & Cheese Cookbook by the Homeroom restaurant in San Francisco. I figure they know a little bit about making macaroni and cheese.
Using a high quality sharp cheddar and kosher salt are crucial to bring out the flavors in this mac & cheese. I use Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar since it is available at my local grocery store.
My family loves the crunchy baked topping.
Classic Baked Mac & Cheese
Baked cheddar macaroni & cheese, creamy in the middle with a crunchy topping.
Credit: adapted from The Mac & Cheese Cookbook from the Homeroom
Calories per serving = 312
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ts kosher salt
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tb butter
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a casserole dish.
2. Cook elbow macaroni in boiling water with 1 ts kosher salt according to manufacturer’s directions for al dente pasta. Drain and rinse in cold water (to stop the cooking process).
3. While the pasta is cooking, melt ¼ cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add ¼ cup flour and stir or whisk constantly until golden and bubbly. Slowly add milk ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly, until smooth, but thickened. Turn heat to low and add 1 ts kosher salt and 2 ½ cups shredded cheese. Continue stirring until smooth.
4. Pour macaroni and cheese sauce into greased casserole dish. Stir so pasta is covered in cheese sauce. Melt 1 Tb butter and mix with ½ cup panko breadcrumbs. Sprinkle all over the top of macaroni followed by ½ cup shredded cheddar. Bake in the oven for 15 mins.