Since my Sticky Garlic Chicken is so good, I decided to pour the sauce onto some tender meatballs. The result – tasty!
This dish is spicier than the chicken version because I added crushed red pepper to the meatballs. If you prefer a milder version, you can omit the spice. I baked these meatballs in the oven on parchment paper to eliminate the grease.
While the meatballs are baking, you have time to make the sauce. This sauce is so amazing – what else could I put it on?
Once the tender meatballs come out of the oven, just toss them with the sauce and serve!
Sticky Garlic Meatballs
Tender meatballs tossed in sticky garlic sauce.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 ts minced garlic
- 1/2 ts dried minced onion
- 1/2 ts salt
- 1/4 ts pepper
- 1/4 ts crushed red pepper
- 1 Tb soy sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (I use reduced sodium)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 3 Tb dark brown sugar
- 2 ts sriracha sauce
- 1 ts sesame oil
- 1/4 ts salt
- 2 ts minced garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tb cornstarch
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 ts vegetable or canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Crumble ground beef into a large bowl. Add all of the remaining meatball ingredients and mix well (mixing with your hands works best). Form into meatballs and place onto sheet pan. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.
3. While meatballs are baking, prepare the sauce. Heat the vegetable or canola oil in a small saucepan. Add the garlic and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, and dark brown sugar. Stir in the salt. In a small bowl, stir the cornstarch into 1/4 cup cold water. Add to the sauce mixture. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens, about 5-7 minutes. Turn the heat off and stir in the green onions.
4. When the meatballs have finished baking, transfer them to a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the meatballs. Serve with white rice, fried rice, or rice pilaf.