This 5-Minute Blender Salsa is fast, easy, and fresh. All you need is fresh ingredients, a little salt, and a blender.
The salsa can be served with tortilla chips or used as a topping on tacos, burritos, or whatever else you like.
This salsa is rather Hot. If you’d like a less spicy version, remove the jalapeno seeds or use half of a jalapeno.
It tastes even better on the second day, once all the flavors have melded together.
5-Minute Blender Salsa
Fresh, spicy tomato salsa made in the blender.
- 1 large ripe tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup vidalia or sweet onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 ts salt
1. Place all of the ingredients except salt into a blender. Blend on high until all vegetables are pureed to desired consistency (20-30 seconds). Pour the salsa into a bowl and stir in salt. Letting the salsa sit will allow the flavors to blend.
This delicious shrimp can be made in just 15 minutes! Perfect for a weeknight, or any time. The spicy garlic butter sauce is so flavorful, you’d want to lick it right out of the pan.
Fresh shrimp are the best, but if you can’t get fresh shrimp, frozen can be used. Today I used frozen shrimp, beautifully seasoned. If you don’t like spicy food, you can reduce the amount of cajun seasoning, or eliminate it completely. Different brands of cajun seasoning have different levels of heat as well. Louisiana brand is very spicy. My personal favorite is McCormick Gourmet.
Butter and 10 minutes in the pan is all it takes to cook this delicious dish.
Make sure you cook the shrimp long enough that they turn pink and all the water cooks out. The butter sauce should become thick and sticky.
Spicy Garlic Butter Shrimp
A quick and easy meal, shrimp cooked in a spicy seasoned garlic butter sauce ready in 15 minutes
185 calories per serving
- 1 1/2 lbs peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 3 Tb butter
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 ts cajun seasoning
- 1 ts minced garlic
- 1/2 ts dried minced onion
- 1/2 ts paprika
- 1/2 ts season salt
1. If using frozen shrimp, thaw first. Place shrimp in a large bowl. Sprinkle sliced green onion, cajun seasoning, garlic, minced onion, paprika, and season salt all over shrimp. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
2. Heat 3 Tb of butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add shrimp and seasonings. Cook over medium high heat for about 10 minutes, until shrimp turn pink, water is cooked out, and butter starts to thicken. Reduce heat to low and cook another 2 minutes, until butter is thick and sticky.