These chicken wings literally slide right off the bone. I mean, your bone will be totally clean and bare. The sauce is finger lickin’ good too! Sweet with just a hint of heat.
Since the pressure cooking makes the chicken wings super soft and tender, I followed the pressure cooking with a brief broiling in the oven to crisp them up. Then they were tossed back in with the thickened sauce. They were amazing!
The sauce creates the liquid needed to pressure cook the wings. If your wings are partially frozen, you can increase the cooking time by 5 minutes. I used a 6 qt instant pot and 2 lbs of chicken wings for this recipe.
It only took 15 minutes to achieve fall-off-the-bone status. Of course, first you have to wait for the pressure to build up, so that took about 15 minutes first.
I only broiled each side for 3 minutes. I didn’t want the wings to burn!
The final results were finger-licking amazing good!
Instant Pot Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
These pressure cooked chicken wings fall off the bone and have a sweet, slightly spicy sauce
Credit: 99Taste original by Leslie
- 2 lbs chicken wings & drummies
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tb honey
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tb sriracha sauce
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup cold water mixed with 1 Tb cornstarch
1. Place chicken wings in a 6 qt instant pot. Mix 3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup soy sauce, and 2 Tb sriracha. Pour all over chicken wings.
2. Set steam release valve to “sealing,” place on the lid, and turn the instant pot on to pressure cook for 15 minutes. While the pressure cooking is taking place, prepare the broiling pan by lining a large sheet with aluminum foil. Place a wire rack on top and spray with cooking spray.
3. When the instant pot is finished with the pressure cooking, make sure the pressure valve has gone down and quick release the steam. Remove the chicken wings with tongs and place on the prepared pan. Place the oven rack to the second highest position and broil wings in the oven on high for 3 minutes on each side.
4. Meanwhile, set instant pot to saute mode. Add 2 Tb honey and the cornstarch mixed with water. Cook the sauce on saute mode for about 10 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken wings back to the pot to cover in sauce. Enjoy!