Monkey bread doesn’t have to be sweet. Nor does it need to be baked in a bundt pan. These monkey bread rolls are cheesy and savory and baked in a muffin pan. They make a nice addition to an Italian meal, pizza, or soup.
Using refrigerated biscuit dough helps this recipe become quick and easy. Simply start by cutting each biscuit into 6-8 small pieces. Then toss them in a large bowl with melted butter, seasonings, and cheese.
After that, you smoosh several of the biscuit pieces into each opening of a muffin pan. Make sure you smash them down a little bit, so that the pieces with stick together once baked.
Once they come out of the oven, they are puffed up into cheesy, golden bread muffins.
You can either take a big bite outta these or tear off the little chunks of biscuit one by one. Enjoy!
Savory Monkey Bread Muffins
Monkey bread in muffin form with seasonings and cheese
- 1 16 oz. tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 Tb butter, melted
- 1/4 mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup colby monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 ts dried parsley
- 1/4 ts seasoning salt
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Cut each biscuit into 6-8 pieces. Place biscuit pieces in a large bowl and pour melted butter on top. Stir/flip biscuit pieces to coat. Add seasoning salt and parsley. Stir to coat. Finally add both cheeses and toss the biscuit pieces until they are covered in cheese. They will be sticking together, which is ok.
- Smash several biscuit pieces into each well of the muffin pan. The biscuits should come to the top of each opening. Fill until all of the biscuits have been used.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the muffins are golden brown.