For some bizarre reason, I have not had muddy buddies, aka puppy chow in years. Many years. Then I happened to buy a bag of the pre-made stuff at the grocery store because it was buy one get one free. I thought they’d be a good snack for my daughter’s school lunches since she’s had to eliminate some other snacks due to getting braces. Well, she thought the muddy buddies were awesome and suggested we make some different flavors at home. Thus, the beginning of 99 flavors of muddy buddies has been born.
We started with fruity pebbles. My daughter is the official smasher.
Adding white chocolate and powdered sugar makes this snack super addicting.
I love that muddy buddies are no bake and can be made in just 15 minutes. I can tell this is going to turn into a new obsession.
The fruity pebbles add such a wonderful pop of color to this snack. I may need to add this to my Christmas Eve menu.
Fruity Pebble Muddy Buddies
Chex mixed with white chocolate, fruity pebbles, and powdered sugar
- 3 cups rice Chex
- 3/4 cup Fruity Pebbles cereal, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup Fruity Pebbles cereal, not crushed
- 4 oz. white chocolate
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, gently stir the crushed fruity pebbles with the rice chex, being careful not to break the chex.
- Melt the white chocolate according to the manufacturer’s instructions. I use Baker’s chocolate, microwaving it for 30 seconds and then 10 second intervals until melted. Stir the chocolate until it is completely smooth and has no lumps.
- Pour the white chocolate over the chex mix. Stir and add the powdered sugar and un-crushed fruity pebbles. Mix until the chex pieces are coated. Store in an airtight container.