I keep feeling like it should be cool out, but when I step outside it is still hot and humid. That is what September is like in the south. However, it’s football season, and these cheese bombs are great football food. Soft and cheesy, with a crunchy top, they are quite tasty.
Using refrigerated biscuit dough makes this recipe easy. Simply flatten the biscuits, add some mozzarella, and pull all the edges up to seal. Make sure you pinch the dough tight so that the cheese stays enclosed.
Next comes a butter bath and the crunchy, garlicky topping.
Upon baking, these cheese bombs turn a beautiful golden color.
My family just loved these. They also make a great accompaniment to pizza or pasta.
Parmesan Panko-Crusted Cheese Bombs
Fluffy mozzarella filled cheese bombs topped with a parmesan, garlic, and crunchy panko breadcrumbs
- 1 16 oz. tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1-2 Tb butter, melted
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tb grated parmesan
- 1/8 ts garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow bowl combine the panko breadcrumbs, parmesan, and garlic salt.
- Lay the biscuits on the parchment paper and press to flatten. Place 1-2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella onto the center of the each biscuit. Pull the edges up and over the cheese and pinch to seal.
- Roll each cheese bomb in the melted butter, then press the top side (without the seam) into the breadcrumb mixture. Lay seam side down on the parchment paper.
- Bake on the top rack of the oven for 10 minutes or until slightly browned.