Sometimes you want an extra bite at dinner that doesn’t take too much effort. These mini cheese cornbread muffins are just that. They can be whipped up quickly and easily and add a tiny bit of something to your dinner plate.
Using a mini muffin pan produces a whole bunch of these little guys, so you have a big family there’s plenty for everyone. Or if you’re just cooking for one or two, the leftovers save nicely and can be popped in the microwave.
I used sharp cheddar cheese in these, which complements nicely with the cornmeal.
Since these were so simple, and tasty too, I’m sure they will become a new staple to my family’s dinner rotation.
Mini Cheese Cornbread Muffins
Mini muffins made with cornmeal, buttermilk and cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 Tb sugar
- 1/2 ts baking powder
- 1/2 ts salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously grease a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the buttermilk and egg. Beat until smooth. Add the shredded sharp cheddar cheese and stir until fully mixed.
3. Pour the batter into the mini muffin pan, filling each hole about 2/3 full. Bake on the top rack of the oven for 10 minutes.