Amazing. Blondies, double stuffed golden oreos, and gooey butter cake topping, all layered together. These bars are chewy, sweet, and satisfying to bite into.
My daughter evenly layered the double stuffed oreos on top of the blondie base. By using double stuffed oreos, the actual flavor of the cream comes through in the bars.
Next comes the layer of gooey-ness. This layer is based off of the topping for gooey butter cake. The lumpy goo laying on top of the oreos doesn’t look appealing at this point, but it sets up nicely in the oven.
Like traditional gooey butter cake, a heavy dusting of confectioner’s sugar tops these bars off.
These bars are so amazing and also easy to make.
Look at that golden oreo cream in the middle…
Gooey Golden Oreo Blondies
A blondie bar topped with golden oreos and gooey cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ts vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 ts baking powder
- 1/4 ts salt
- 9 double-stuff golden oreos
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups plus 2 Tb confectioner’s sugar
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, stir the brown sugar into the melted butter. Beat in the egg. Blend in the flour, baking powder, and salt until fully mixed. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan. Lay the golden oreos in rows over the batter.
3. In another bowl, stir the cream cheese with the powdered sugar. Beat in the egg. The mixture may be lumpy, which is ok.
4. Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the oreos. Spread evenly to cover.
5. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes. Dust the top of the bars with the remaining 2 Tb of confectioner’s sugar.