These Funfetti Pancakes are like eating dessert for breakfast. They don’t taste far off from a donut, especially when drizzled with powdered sugar glaze. I wanted to eat the whole stack (but I didn’t).
These whip up quickly, only requiring a couple of extra ingredients compared to plain pancakes. I cooked mine on a griddle heated to 300 degrees. You can also cook them in a large skillet or griddle pan on the stove top.
I love the color added by the rainbow sprinkles.
Fluffy and sweet, these pancakes are yummy!
Cake flavored pancakes with rainbow sprinkles and powdered sugar glaze
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cake mix
- 2 ts white sugar
- 1/2 ts baking powder
- 1/2 ts baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tb vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup rainbow springkles
- 3 Tb milk
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, cake mix, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, beat the egg with the buttermilk, milk, and oil. Blend the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients using a wire whisk. Whisk until smooth. Gently fold in the sprinkles.
2. Heat a griddle to 300 degrees or heat a small amount of butter in a large skillet over high heat on the stove. Once the butter is sizzling or the griddle has heated, pour circles of pancake batter to the desired size. Cook for about 2 minutes, then flip. Cook other side for 1-2 minutes.
3. To make powdered sugar glaze, heat milk in a small bowl (I did this in the microwave for 40 seconds). Do not heat milk to boiling. Stir in powdered sugar until smooth. Serve glaze over pancakes.