This might quite literally be one of the most amazing, delicious desserts I have ever had. The chewy, sweet cookies combined with the slightly sweet, creamy ice cream is simply divine. I wish I had an ice cream truck to share these…
The cookies are simple and can be whipped up in just 20 minutes. I used my Pistachio Pudding Cookies recipe without chilling the dough.
I used Talenti brand pistachio gelato for the inside of my ice cream sandwich. I love the extra creaminess of gelato. You can sit the ice cream or gelato outside of the freezer for about a half an hour to make scooping and squishing between the cookies easier.
Rolling the outside edges of ice cream in slivered almonds adds a little bit of crunch.
Sink your teeth into this green beauty – the textures and flavor are truly amazing!
Double Pistachio Ice Cream Sandwiches
Two chewy pistachio pudding cookies filled with pistachio gelato.
- Pistachio Pudding Cookies
- pistachio ice cream or gelato
- slivered almonds
1. Follow the recipe for Pistachio Pudding Cookies, but do not chill the dough. After mixing the batter, drop by large tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake in the 375 degree oven for 8 minutes. Do not roll in powdered sugar. Let the cookies cool.
2. Take the ice cream or gelato out of the freezer 30 minutes before serving the ice cream sandwiches, if desired (for ease of scooping). Crush the slivered almonds into smaller pieces onto a small plate.
3. Sandwich a scoop of pistachio ice cream/gelato between two pistachio pudding cookies. Roll the outside edges of the ice cream in the crushed slivered almonds.