It’s time for some more chocolate chip cookies, which honestly, are probably my number one favorite dessert. So trying to come up with 99 variations is not a chore, it’s a labor of love.
This version has a lot of cookie, with just an occasional studding of super sweet milk chocolate (provided by Hershey bars). It is also a small batch recipe, which means you can gobble them up quickly and then make some more cookies!
You don’t need to chill this cookie dough to get great cookies, but it is beneficial to refrigerate the chocolate bars first so that the chunks break off in nice clean pieces.
I love cookies that can be made in about 20 minutes. Not too long to wait for that gooey sweetness.
If you like more cookie than chocolate, this is a good recipe to try.
Hershey Chunk Cookies
Chewy, buttery cookies studded with chunks of milk chocolate
Credit: 99Taste original by Leslie
- ½ cup margarine, softened (use a high vegetable oil content one like Land O’ Lakes)
- ¼ cup plus 2 TB brown sugar
- ¼ cup plus 2 TB white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ ts vanilla
- ¼ ts baking powder
- ¼ ts baking soda
- ¼ ts salt
- 1 cup plus 3 TB all-purpose flour
- 2 milk chocolate Hershey bars, refrigerated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine both sugars with the softened butter until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- Break Hershey bars into pieces (refrigeration makes this easier and cleaner). Stir the chunks of chocolate into the cookie batter.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls a couple of inches apart onto cookie sheet. Bake in oven 9-11 mins., until just barely browned on the bottom.