I absolutely love pistachios – both the taste and the color. These Pistachio Pudding Cookies have the most amazing flavor and texture! They are easy to make and perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, since they are green, or delicious enough to have any time.
The pistachio pudding mix makes the dough a split pea soup color, so I added about four drops of green food coloring to get a prettier hue.
The cookies bake up perfectly.
Let the cookies cool slightly before rolling in powdered sugar. Be careful if they are still a bit warm, because they will be soft and fragile.
These cookies are sweet, soft, chewy, and gooey.
Try them for yourself!
Pistachio Pudding Cookies
Soft and chewy pistachio-flavored cookies
Credit: 99Taste original by Leslie
- 1 cup plus 2 Tb all-purpose flour
- ½ ts baking soda
- ½ cup margarine, softened (use one with a high vegetable oil content like Land O’Lakes)
- 2 Tb white sugar
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tb light brown sugar
- ¼ ts vanilla extract
- 1 4 oz. package instant pistachio pudding dry mix
- 1 egg
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- green food coloring
1. Beat margarine, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy. Beat in pistachio pudding mix and vanilla. Beat in egg. Mix in flour and baking soda. Blend in green food coloring to desired color.
2. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into round balls and place 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until bottoms are just slightly browned. When cookies have cooled slightly, carefully roll in powdered sugar.