Note that the name of this burger is Nacho and Cheese, not Nacho Cheese. To me, it is the added crunch of the tortilla chips that makes this burger AMAZING.
The burger patty is seasoned with taco seasoning and a tiny bit of salsa.
You can either grill the burger patties or pan-fry them.
I adapted the wonderful Nacho Cheese Sauce recipe from Recipe Tin Eats for the cheese topping.
A taco seasoned burger patty, topped with tortilla chips and nacho cheese, with a seasoned brioche bun – I gobbled this down in about four bites! Look at the cheesy sauce being poured on…
I poured the extra cheese sauce over baked skinny fries.
This Nacho & Cheese Burger is one of my family’s new favorite burgers. Try it out!
Nacho & Cheese Burger
A taco seasoned burger topped with tortilla chips and nacho cheese sauce
Credit: burger 99Taste.com original by Leslie/nacho cheese sauce adapted from Recipe Tin Eats
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Tb salsa
- 1/4 ts garlic powder
- 1/2 ts dried minced onion
- 1/2 ts season salt
- 3/4 ts taco seasoning, divided
- 1 ts butter, melted
- 4 brioche buns
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar, grated
- 1 Tb cornstarch
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1b T hot sauce
- 1 ts kosher salt
- tortilla chips (about 12)
1. Crumble ground beef into a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1/2 ts taco seasoning, minced onion, garlic powder, season salt, and salsa. Mix with hands until fully incorporated.
2. Form meat into four patties. Grill or pan-fry to desired doneness (about 10 mins), flipping halfway through. Meanwhile, make the nacho cheese sauce. In a medium saucepan, stir the cornstarch with the grated cheddar cheese. Add the evaporated milk, hot sauce, and kosher salt, and cook over medium heat, whisking often. Continue cooking until the cheese has melted.
3. In a small bowl, mix 1 ts melted butter with 1/4 ts taco seasoning. Brush over top of brioche buns. Assemble burgers by placing patty on bun, topped by several tortilla chips, nacho cheese sauce, and the butter seasoned bun.